Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Week 3, Thinking like an Entrepreneur feels Good!

Dear Reader,

After I actually DID quit the day job, registered the biz, and started doing research on what to sell, I realized, as I'm sure many of you entrepreneurs have realized, there is a CRUCIAL difference between having a cool idea, and putting it into action.

In brief the biz plan is (was): 1) Independently rep some solar panels, AS I put together my suite of products, 2) Hire people to sell for me.

I found there was a lot more to selling solar panels than I had imagined. Translation: I'm not going to make money off solar for a while. The great news was I was called by a solar company I talked to and they asked if I would give them a sales seminar. BINGO! Got my way to make a buck. They also agreed to look at partnering on jobs I sell as installers.

So, siezing the opportunity, I have my adjusted plan: 1) Teach some sales seminars AS I educate myself on solar, 2) Sell solar AS I put together my suite of products, 3) Hire and teach folks to sell.

I'm sure this thing will morph in ways I cannot now imagine with the core idea of getting you off the grid!

Take good care of yourself,

Shoes
p.s. Barry Gibbons made the point that when your business plan is all thought out, meditated over, researched, put together and bound in leather, you can be sure that that is the ONE thing that will not happen..............read him..........
http://www.amazon.com/Want-Make-Really-Laugh-Business/dp/0814404987

No comments: